Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I Like to Eat Muffins in the Morning

One of my favourite things to do in the morning is get out of bed, keep my PJs on, put on a jacket, and walk to the nearest cafeteria to pick up the biggest, freshest muffins.

Today was one of those special "Muffin Days" and the flavour of choice was blueberry.

As I returned to my safe haven, took off my shoes, and plopped onto a nice, big chair, I slowly unwrapped the muffin out of its package. As usual, I began to eat the muffin top first.

For some reason, the crispy top of the muffin is by far the greatest part. It tastes almost like crunchy cake, and leaves you feeling pretty satisfied.

Rituals like this help me appreciate food for what it is - fuel for our bodies, and one of the riches of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment