Tuesday, January 27, 2009

An Introduction to My Blog

So this morning I woke up and was delighted to realize that I hadn't eaten for more than twelve hours.
The past week or so, all I have been doing is sitting on the couch watching movies and stuffing my face. What a "pleasant surprise" it was yesterday morning to put on my favourite jeans and realize that instead of the usual bagginess, they were clinging to my thighs like a fat kid on cake.
Ahem. Pardon the reference. ;)
This obsession with weight and attractiveness is not only a problem for me. Many people call it a silly obsession. An obsession that is talked about way too often. And perhaps it is.
Yet, every day, I think about that number on the scale at least once. And more than once I have been too scared to step on it and see what it is.
I am an average looking person with an average weight. If I asked my friends if they considered me thin, they would only say "you look healthy."
Healthy. What an insult. Lol. Really, I should be satisfied with having enough food to eat and the ability to exercise. Yet, as soon as I hear the word "healthy," I shudder.
Sure, right now you are rolling your eyes and revelling at how much stronger and down to earth you are. But I assure you, many women share this problem with me.
There are much bigger issues circling around the world, and yet, if you reach for a magazine or log onto msn news, the titles will be "lose those five stubborn pounds" or "next month see the fitter, skinnier you!"
I do not write to you today to preach the awesomeness of being skinny. I write to you today to let you know that you are not alone in your sad obsession with the number on the scale.


  1. Hi there,
    Thank you for visiting my blog. I greatly appreciate it. Thanks again and keep up the great work on your blog. Rick

  2. Hi it was the picture of the chocolate cake that lead me here - I just couldn't resist but to click.
    Enjoy your blogging life.
    Best wishes :-)